Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesday+Waiting On Wednesday

Sorry about not having my Teaser Tuesday post up yesterday!  It totally left my mind since I had a review to come up with as well as schoolwork to finish.  So, I'm going to post it up today, as well as my Waiting On Wednesday post!

Teaser Tuesday:
If you are interested in participating in Teaser Tuesday, here is what you have to do!
*Pick up the current book you are reading and open to a random page.
*Choose 2 random sentences from that page to share.
*Make sure it is nothing that will give away too much of the story.
*Post the author and title of the book as well, and have fun!

Title:  The Seven Rays
Author:  Jessica Bendinger
Teaser's:
"I blinked and the dots appeared as Shirl vanished." 
"I woke up a few hours later to the sound of my mother crying in the other room"
Well, I hope you enjoy those teasers!  I absolutly love the book so far, so I can't wait to put up the review as soon as I'm finished.  Here is my Waiting On Wednesday choice, my very first one of 2010!  Wow...

Title: Numbers
Author: Rachel Ward
Release Date: February 1, 2010


Description (from Amazon): "Ever since she was child, Jem has kept a secret: Whenever she meets someone new, no matter who, as soon as she looks into their eyes, a number pops into her head. That number is a date: the date they will die. Burdened with such awful awareness, Jem avoids relationships. Until she meets Spider, another outsider, and takes a chance. The two plan a trip to the city. But while waiting to ride the Eye ferris wheel, Jem is terrified to see that all the other tourists in line flash the same number. Today's number. Today's date. Terrorists are going to attack London. Jem's world is about to explode!"

What do I think? Definetly different from anything I have ever picked up at the library, that's for sure!  Even though it may sound wrong, the idea of the whole story seems unique and in its own way, captivating!  I am hoping for my bookstore to come in with this book when it is released next month, because I am most likely going to buy it.  As for the author, I haven't read anything by Rachel Ward, but it sounds like she is a very creative person, and a good writer!

The cover? Well, it ties in with the description pretty good!  The cover is what really caught my attention when I first saw it.  It is unique in my opinion, and would stand out and catch a persons attention in a book store, which is what you want, right?!  Great job on the cover art!

Gothgirl Rising update:  I know I had promised for the review to be posted the other day, but I couldn't get that to happen like I said.  So later tonight, it will be posted and ready to go!  Also, expect my review for The Seven Rays to be up in a couple days as well!

1 comments:

Ash. Elizabeth said...

Numbers sounds really good!