Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Road


A father and his son walk alone through burned America. Nothing moves in the ravaged landscape save the ash on the wind. It is cold enough to crack stones, and when the snow falls it is gray. The sky is dark. Their destination is the coast, although they don't know what, if anything awaits them there. They have nothing: just a pistol to defend themselces against the lawless bands that stalk the road, the clothes they are wearing, a cart of scavenged food-and each other.

My thoughts- I loved this book and it was one of those books that made me cry a little in. This book really makes you think hard about the world and unlocks mysteries of what could happen in the end. I always thought that the end of the world would be cool to witness, but sinced I read this book, I think differently. I highly recommend you guys read this book. It is by far one of the best books ever written.


*note* I used the review on the back because it has been a while since i have read this: I still put my own thoughts in this though.

0 comments: