Friday, February 20, 2009

Author In The SpotLight!!! ~February~


Welcome to the very first edition of Author In The Spotlight! I will try to get one up for each month!!!
So, please give a warm welcome to Christine Rose, author of Rowan Of The Wood. (which I currently reviewed!!)
Please leave comments, and welcome Christine to my blog, as well as yours! So, here it is!

Q: What first inspired you to write?
A: I've been writing since I was a teenager. I suppose it has always been a way to express myself, and over the years, I have found it very comforting to work out emotions through characters.

Q: Is Rowan of the Wood, your first book written by both of you?
A: This is our premiere novel, and it is the first in a series of five.

Q: Do you plan to write more books?
A: Yes, Rowan is the first in a series of five books centered around Cullen, Rowan, Fiana, and the others. Ethan is working on a book of his own, and we hope to see that published in the next year or so. I have written many screenplays over the years, and I'm thinking about converting one into a novel.

Q: If you plan on writing more, do you want to add a second book for Rowan of The wood?
A: We're currently working on the sequel (Witch on the Water). It will be published later this year.
Q: What do you like to do in your spare time?What spare time?
A: I work 12-15 hour days promoting, writing, and networking.

Q: Do you have any animals?
A: We have three dogs and a cat. They are our children :-D

Q: What kind of books do you like to read?
A: All kinds. I especially like fantasy for pleasure reading, but I read a lot of non-fiction books that will help me in my craft.

Q: Do you have a hard time handing out review books to reviewers, worrying if you will never get a review back?
A: It certainly can add up. Because we're with a small publisher, we don't get an unlimited amount of books for publicity. The price of review books comes out of our pocket, along with the price of promotion.

9) Who is your all time, favorite author, and why?
A: I can't pick just one. Shakespeare. Vonnegut. Rowling, just to name a few. Shakespeare -- goes without saying. Vonnegut for his sardonic brilliance, and Rowling because she brought magic back into my life during a very difficult time.

10) Is it hard for you to get ideas when writing a story?
A: Not at all. The ideas are always flowing. The hard part is developing the ideas into a coherent story.

0 comments: