Sunday, May 24, 2009

In My Mailbox

The Borrowed:
None

The Bought:
(Surprisingly None!!!!)


The Recieved




Pure from pulseIt

Sumary from Amazon: Tabitha and her four best friends wear purity rings, a visible reminder of their promise to remain virgins until they marry. At fifteen, it is mainly these purity rings and what they stand for that have kept them together. But now things are changing--and boys come into the picture. And when Cara breaks her promise, it turns their friendship upside down. Morgan and Naeomi and Priah drop Cara, refusing to be friends with her, leaving Tabitha split between staying loyal to Cara and disliking the fact that she broke her promise...will they five of them ever be able to make up their differences? Pure is a fresh, funny, and wise new novel that addresses everything from family differences and friendships to boys and religion. Tera Elan McVoy's writing is, plainly speaking, wonderful. She effortless captures the emotions associated with the apprehension and joy of first love, the anxiety and anguish of friendship troubles, and the uncertainty of beliefs in a large and diverse world. Tabitha is an extremely grounded and likable character who readers will easily be able to relate to and empathize with as she tries to find a balance between being loyal to herself and her beliefs, being loyal to her friends, and most importantly, being loyal to God. McVoy's personal, down-to-earth writing style and sense of how teens operate--in speech, attitude, and thoughts--is very obvious, making it seem as though Tabitha's world is your own. Pure is a wonderfully positive, realistically complicated, and sweetly romantic read that will challenge and strengthen your beliefs in friendship and God.


Perfect Chemistry from bookdivas

Summary from Amazon: "When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more. In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart."

7 comments:

~The Book Pixie said...

I can't wait to see how you like Perfect Chemistry. I've really been wanting to read it.

Katie said...

I really need to read Perfect Chemistry and Pure looks really good. Happy reading!

Thao said...

I enjoy Perfect Chemistry a lot. Hope you will, too : )

Unknown said...

ahh so jealous of perfect chemistry! i need to finish reading it!!! :) Enjoy those.

I also got Pure, it seriously came from Pulse It? There wasn't even a letter..hmm should have read the envelope. I just put it with the rest of my envelope stash(I reuse them) :)

Anonymous said...

Perfect Chemistry is amazing. I hope you enjoy it. :D

addicted reader said...

Haha, thanks everyone!!
I believe Pure did come from PulseIt. I never got a letter or anything either, but I saw on the sticker thing that it said simon and schuster...
I cant wait to get started on perfect Chemistry! I really need to get caught up on my reading!

Eleni said...

I adore this book, def. one of my faves -- right up there with Twilight ...yup I said it